The Friends of the Homer Library (FHL) is advertising to fill the role of its Library Coordinator. We are asking for applications to be submitted no later than July 15, 2020. If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Coordinator Job Description
The coordinator will be an employee of the FHL, a non-profit organization, and will oversee the completion of the tasks below, but not necessarily do all the tasks him/herself. The following work is designed to be completed in 24 to 30 hours/week at a rate of $18/hour. The coordinator will be supervised by the FHL Board President and will work closely with all FHL Board members, Homer Public Library staff, FHL members, volunteers and other entities in the community. For complete guidelines visit: friendshomerlibrary.org
I. General Administration– (approx. 40% of time)
● Communicate with members and the general public; update website; generate press releases; maintain necessary paperwork including gaming permit; non-profit state registration; & complete Pick-Click-Give application.
● Membership - process memberships; coordinate mailings; receipts and thank you notes.
● Board meetings - Prepare monthly coordinator’s report and updated calendar;
attend monthly Board meetings (1st Wed. of the month, 6-8 pm).
● Newsletter - Coordinate design and printing of monthly newsletter; & assist in writing, editing, and recruiting articles.
● Finances - Coordinate endowment fund contributions and earning statements
with Homer Foundation. Assist treasurer and accountant with budget, bookkeeping, financial reports, and preparing tax return.
II. Fundraising/Grants (approx. 30% of time)
● Research grant opportunities and develop grant proposals. Assist Board members in fundraising activities through volunteer recruitment, generating donation request letters, assembling supplies, and writing thank you notes.
III. Programs (approx. 30% of time)
● Work with FHL Board and Homer Public Library staff to generate new ideas and develop future programs. Coordinate implementation of programs (youth & adult); volunteer recruitment and training; & evaluate existing programs.
Time spent on tasks may vary throughout the year. Other tasks may be requested as time allows.